NEBOSH- Course Booking Terms and Conditions
This statement outlines the comprehensive terms and conditions that constitute the legally binding agreement between the parties. It overrides all previous discussions, correspondence, and representations made before the booking date, unless specifically agreed upon and documented in writing by both parties. These terms and conditions will be effective from the date the booking is accepted by the Company.
1.2 The Candidate means the individual or organization from whom the booking is received.
1.3 The Learner refers to the individual(s) participating in the course.
1.4 The Course refers to a singular training course or a specific series of training courses as outlined in the course brochure or proposal.
2.1 To register for the Course, the Candidate needs to complete the NEW HSE Company Booking Form document and submit a non-refundable 20% advance payment for the course. Once the application is processed and the payment is finalized, the Candidate will receive confirmation of enrollment on the list of course participants, and the NEBOSH book will be dispatched to the address provided in the booking form.
2.2 By sending the booking form, the Candidate commits to making the full course payment no later than the day before the final registration date for candidates (refer to the course dates available at www.newhse.pl).
2.3 By sending the booking form, the Candidate affirms that their English proficiency (writing, reading, comprehension) is sufficient for undertaking the course. If there are any uncertainties, please contact the course administration. No refunds will be granted if the Candidate’s English language proficiency is deemed insufficient for the course materials. Upon request, the Candidate may take the Company’s English Language Skill Test and return it for review and feedback.
2.4. The data require to collect and maintain in NEBOSH regulatory requirements to register learners for NEBOSH course and exam:
- Copy of learner’s legal photographic identification (current passport, driving licence or national identity card); You need to send a scanned or clear photo of your ID to firstname.lastname@example.org We require the photo for identification purposes, as well as your full name and date of birth. (Please note that a copy of your ID will be deleted after 3 months from the completion of the course and will be stored in accordance with GDPR regulations)
- Full name and surname;
- Date of birth;
- Private contact email address (this cannot be the Learning Partner email address or a generic email address as learners’ results and most correspondence from NEBOSH is issued by email);
- Contact address, eg home and/or work postal address (not the Learning Partner or assessment venue address);
- Telephone number (where available);
3. Course and examination fee
3.1 Payments can be made either by bank transfer to the company’s account or through electronic payment available on our website. Upon receipt of the course fee, the participant will receive a confirmation and an invoice.
3.2 The total cost of the course covers:
- A 10-day NEBOSH IGC course in an online live/ stationary format, led by an experienced tutor. Classes will be conducted from Monday to Friday, between 8:30 and 15:30 Warsaw time.
- A printed copy of the book „International Health and Safety at Work” (sixth edition, recommended by NEBOSH), published by RMS, along with associated packing and shipping costs.
- Supplementary materials, accessible two weeks prior to the course commencement. Daily notes written by the tutor and session recordings will be provided throughout the course. Access to material files will be available until the course concludes, allowing the candidate to download them to their computer for study purposes leading up to the exam.
- The opportunity to ask questions and schedule additional sessions with a tutor after classes throughout the 10-day course.
- Morning revision sessions and homework assignments to reinforce and validate the knowledge gained during the course.
- A mock exam after the first part of the course, followed by a detailed evaluation by the tutor.
- Course and exam administration services.
- The exam cost, which will be directly paid to NEBOSH by the Centre.
3.3 The total cost of the course does not include::
– For stationary course: Accommodation/hotel, tickets/transportation to the training location, breakfast/dinner, additional lessons.
4. Cancellation / Refunds / Deferments
4.1 Cancelation by the Company
The „Company” reserves the right to cancel any course at any time, but will make every effort to provide the client with a minimum of 7 days’ notice prior to cancellation. In the event of a course cancellation, bookings will typically be rescheduled for the next available course at the same venue, unless the candidate explicitly requests an alternative. In such a case, any fees paid will be fully refunded to the Candidate. The Company’s liability for course cancellations is expressly limited to the course fee paid.
The terms and conditions outlined below constitute a comprehensive and legally binding agreement between the parties, superseding all prior discussions, correspondence, and representations made prior to the booking date, unless otherwise mutually agreed upon and documented in writing by both parties. These terms and conditions shall take effect from the date the booking is accepted by the Corporation/Company.
4.2 Cancelation by the Candidate
4.2.1. Cancelation of course attendance by the Learner
- Resignation Notification: In the event that a Learner decides to resign from the NEBOSH course, they should submit an official letter or inform NEWHSE via email (email@example.com) about their decision immediately.
- Consideration of Reasons: Upon receiving the resignation notification, the NEW HSE will contact Learner to understand the reasons for the resignation and explore whether there is a possibility to address the issues that led to this decision. If a person has a serious reason, such as illness, family emergencies, significant work-related issues, or other force majeure situations like access to the course being disrupted due to war, NEW HSE can offer them the opportunity to enroll in the next course within the calendar year.
4.2.2. Non-Attendance on the NEBOSH Course
- Attendance Monitoring: NEW HSE will monitor the learner’s attendance on the NEBOSH course. If a learner regularly does not attend classes, this will be recorded.
- Contacting the learner: If NEW HSE notices that a learner is not attending the course or is not meeting attendance requirements, contact will be made with the learner to understand the reasons for their absence and attempt to resolve any potential issues.
- Lack of Contact with the Learner: In the case of continuous non-attendance in the course and lack of contact with the learner, NEW HSE may not admit the learner to subsequent sessions and IG1/IG2 examination.
4.2.3. Resignation from the NEBOSH Course
- Notification of Decision: If a learner decides to leave the NEBOSH training before its completion, they should promptly inform NEW HSE of their decision.
- Documentation and Progress Assessment: NEW HSE may request the learner to complete relevant forms or conduct an exit interview to assess progress and understand the reasons behind the decision to resign from the Course.
4.2.4 All cancellations must be notified to the “Company” in writing.
4.2.5. If the booking is canceled by the Candidate, the „Company” reserves the right to impose cancellation fees as follows:
- cancellations made 4 weeks prior to the start of the course, cantidate will be charged 500 PLN as an administration fee
- cancellations made 3 weeks prior to the start of the course – cantidate will be charged 50% of the total course fees
- cancellations made less than 2 weeks prior to the course start date – 100% of the total fees, unless agreed otherwise.
5. Limit of Liability
With the exception of liability for death or personal injury, the „Company” will only be liable for the costs of the course fee in case of any failure to meet its obligations.
The „Company” will furnish instructors who are appropriately qualified and experienced in the relevant course subject. The „Company” will also make every reasonable effort to ensure that the course is presented and delivered in a professional, competent manner, and to a standard commensurate with the nature of the course.
7. Copyright of course material
The materials provided during the course, such as books and handout materials, are intended solely for the use of the learners. These training course materials remain the copyright of the Company and may not be reproduced, copied, sold, or distributed to any third party, either in whole or in part. Delegates are permitted to use these materials and documents for their personal use exclusively.
This agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Poland. The parties involved hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Polish Courts.
9. Force Majeure
The „Company” will not be held responsible for refunding fees or any other penalties in the event that courses are cancelled due to circumstances beyond their control, such as war, fire, strike, lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance, or any other unforeseeable cause.
10. Company Policies
Each learner is required to read, comprehend, and adhere to the provisions outlined in the Company’s HSE, Anti-Discrimination, Equality, and Data Protection Policies.
11. Data Sharing and Data Protection
NEW HSE and NEBOSH will process personal data in compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) from May 25, 2018, and other applicable laws. By registering for the course and signing this form, the learner grants the company permission to transfer their data (including full name, address, email address, gender, telephone contact details, date of birth, and nationality) to NEBOSH for the purpose of registration, examination, and certification of qualifications only. NEBOSH has a privacy statement available on their website, explaining how they handle this data. You have the right to access, rectify, delete, and withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the legality of prior processing based on consent.
NEW HSE acts as the 'Document Controller’ and NEBOSH as the 'Document Processor’ when dealing with learners registering for the course. NEW HSE and NEBOSH do not disclose or grant access to personal data to any third party, except as required by law or directed by NEBOSH or a Regulatory Authority. For detailed information regarding GDPR, please refer to NEW HSE’s Data Protection Policy located at www.newhse.pl.